Monday, January 25, 2010

pull the covers back over my head

In the last 3 years I have had a baby; bought a house; quit the job I was at for 7 years as the boss; started a new job as a part time worker bee, full time mom; and helped my parents relocate from my childhood home to a house closer to me. Oh yeah, and my dad got diagnosed with liver cancer and the only way he is going to live is if he gets a liver transplant. My mother still laments about how I'm not as fashionably dressed as I used to be. Really? Jeez leather mules and perfectly coiffed eyebrows don't quite fit my current lifestyle. Most people would be annoyed by this, at first I was too. Now I just laugh about it. OK maybe it's a crazy manic laugh but it's still a laugh.

Let me introduce myself. I am a 30 something mother of a 3 year old boy, with some much energy I'm pretty sure if I could bottle it, I'd never have to pay another electric bill again. I am 50 pounds overweight, and have been married for 7 years. We've been together for ten. I work part time as an occupational therapist in a nursing home, which is the the saddest and funniest job you could have depending on the day. My house is always a mess. Sorry boys but you are slobs, even when you try not too be. I don't have any one motivation for starting this blog. I just occasionally have thoughts in my swirling rattling brain that I must put down on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment